Conditions of use of the Continental Sweets Belgium website
1. The use of this Site implies your acceptance of these conditions
Your access to the website www.continentalsweets.com (the ‘Site’) and its use are connected with the following Conditions of Use and are subject to all applicable laws and regulations. By visiting and using this site, you state your full and unconditional agreement with these conditions of use and you acknowledge that they replace all other relevant agreements between you and Continental Sweets nv (the ‘Company’). If you do not underwrite or accept these conditions of use fully and unconditionally, please leave the Site.
2. Ownership of the contents
The Site, and the entire contents thereof, including, but not limited to, all texts and photos (the ‘Contents’) are, unless stated otherwise, protected by copyright and are the property of Continental Sweets nv or other rights holders. The use of the contents, except as provided for in these Conditions of Use, without the written consent of the owner of the contents, is strictly prohibited. The user is warned that Continental Sweets nv will enforce observance of its intellectual property rights with the use of all legal measures, including criminal prosecution.
3. Your use of the Site
The Company grants you a restricted, personal, non-transferable, non-negotiable and irrevocable right to use the site as follows:
with the exception of the images of individuals on the Site, you may only download the contents for non-commercial, personal use and on the condition that you also take over all copyrights and other proprietary notices.
- You may not download from the Site any images of individuals without the written consent of the Company;
- you may not distribute, modify, copy (except as described above), pass on, show, reuse, reproduce, publish, licence, creatively edit, transfer, sell or use the contents in any other way without the written consent of the Company;
- you are prohibited to use the Site to post or pass on forbidden, threatening, deceptive, misleading, crude, intimidating, libellous, scandalous, vulgar, obscene, defamatory, inflammatory, pornographic, profane or other material that can be considered to be a criminal offence, that could be a reason for invoking civil liability or that could otherwise be an infringement of the law - the Company shall provide its unconditional assistance to the police or other law enforcement agencies and to all judicial requests or orders to disclose the identity of individuals who post or pass on such material;
- you are prohibited from using the Site for advertising or commercial actions.
The Company shall take appropriate measures against users who fail to observe these restrictions.
By accepting the present conditions, you agree that the Company may immediately terminate or suspend your use of the site at its discretion for any infringement whatsoever of these Conditions of Use and all other specific conditions. In the case of suspension or termination in this sense, you must immediately (a) stop using the Site and (b) destroy all copies that you may have made of certain parts of the contents of the Site.
4. Processing personal data
You will find information about how and why we process your personal data when you use this Site and the applications offered on it - as well as in the context of our business activities in general - in the separate privacy statement on this Site.
5. Exemption clause
All content is subject to change and is made available to you ‘as is’ without any explicit or implicit guarantees, including, but not limited to, the implicit guarantee of merchantability, suitability for a particular purpose or non-violation.
Without prejudice to the above, the Company does not guarantee or confirm that your use of any content of the Site does not infringe the rights of third parties, nor that the contents are correct, complete and up-to-date. In addition and with reference to the presence of discussions, chat sessions, messages, transmissions, bulletin boards and similar on the Site, the Company rejects all liability for, or arising from, prohibited, threatening, deceptive, misleading, crude, intimidating, libellous, scandalous, vulgar, obscene, defamatory, inflammatory, pornographic or profane material, or other material that can be considered to be criminal or inciting a criminal offence, that could be a reason for invoking civil liability or that could otherwise be an infringement of any law on one of the sections of the Site.
6. Exclusion of liability
You use the Site at your own risk. Neither the Company nor the subsidiaries, its affiliated companies, its spokespersons or directors, its representatives or any other parties that are involved with the creation, the production or the delivery of the Site can be held liable for direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages or other damages that arise from or that are related to the use of this Site or the contents thereof, whether based on contractual, criminal law or civil liability.
7. Links to third party sites
· infringe the intellectual property rights of third parties;
· be inaccurate, incomplete or misleading;
· be non-marketable or unsuitable for a particular purpose;
· not provide the required security;
· be libellous or scandalous.
Neither does the Company underwrite the contents, the products or the services that are offered on such sites. If you establish a link to such sites or the Site, you do so at your own risk and without the consent of the Company.
8. Revisions of the Conditions of Use
The Company may at all times, without informing third parties, revise these Conditions of Use by updating this publication. The revisions are binding, so that you must consult this page periodically to go through the updated Conditions of Use. A notification will be published on the Site each time a significant change is made to the Conditions of Use.
9. Governing law and jurisdiction
These Conditions of Use and your use of the Site are governed by the laws of Belgium, irrespective of the choice of the legal provisions. Any disputes arising from, connected with, or references to these Conditions of Use and/or this Site, or in which these Conditions of Use and/or this Site are a material fact, fall under the exclusive competence of the courts of Brussels.