Privacy Statement of the Continental Sweets Belgium website
To whom does this Privacy Statement apply?
This site (« Site ») is the property of and is managed by Continental Sweets Belgium nv, with registered office at Industriestraat 38, 2500 Lier (« We » or « the Company »). We are a distributor of sugar confectionery and chewing-gum. We act as controller for the personal data that is processed by our company.
All companies affiliated with the Company are separate and independent legal entities. They act as separate controllers for the personal data that they process.
Each affiliated company is a separate and independent legal entity and this Privacy Statement is applicable to each of them individually.
Our company makes every effort to protect and process the personal data that is entrusted to us in a correct and transparent manner, in particular in accordance with applicable law and specifically the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 (« AVG » or « GDPR »).
What is covered by this Privacy Statement?
We want to inform you in this Privacy Statement about how and why we process your personal data in the context of our business activities or when you use the Site and the applications offered on it (e.g. competitions).
When we refer to « this Site », we mean the web pages that start with the URL ‘https://www.continentalsweets.com/’ and that redirect to “continentalsweetsbelgium.com’.
This Site may contain links to other websites. Although we attempt to only provide links to websites that share our high data protection standards, we are not responsible for the contents and the policy regarding the data protection of these websites. This Privacy Statement is solely applicable to data collected by our Company.
When you click on the links on this Site, we strongly recommend you to first read the Privacy Statements of the websites concerned before releasing personal data.
How do you obtain personal data?
We can obtain personal data about you within the framework of executing our business activities or when you use the applications offered on this Site.
We may obtain such personal data because you give it to us (e.g. via a form on this Site, by contacting us etc.), because others give it to us (e.g. your employer or third party service providers that we engage within the scope of our business activities) or because they are available in the public domain.
If we obtain your personal data from other parties, we make reasonable efforts to conclude contractual clauses with these parties that oblige them to respect the relevant rules regarding data protection. This may consist of, among other things, this party providing you with all the necessary information or, if necessary, obtaining your consent to process the personal data as described in this Privacy Statement.
We may also obtain personal data from you through the way in which you interact with us.
Which personal data do you collect?
The personal data we collect may contain the following:
- Standard identification and contact details (e.g. name, address (private / work), telephone number (private / work), email address (private / work), country of residence);
- electronic identity data (IP addresses, browser type, identification cookies etc.);
- personal characteristics (e.g. age, gender, date of birth, place of birth, nationality, language, family composition, hobbies and interests etc.);
- your messages on blogs, forums and any other social media applications and services that we offer;
- data about how you use our products and services;
- data about how you interact with us and other similar information.
On this Site, we collect among other things personal data for the following specific services:
- Games, competitions and offers
The Company regularly offers games, competitions and offers that require online registration. Depending on the service, specific personal data needs to be submitted, such as name, date of birth, address and email address. For some services, you will also need to create an account with a username and password.
With your consent, we collect your electronic contact details (in particular your email address) in order to inform you through our newsletters about the latest news, actions, promotions and competitions of Continental Sweets Belgium nv and its partners.
- Special offers and product information
With your consent, we collect your electronic contact details (in particular your email address) in order to email you info flashes and notifications about our services, products and special promotions.
- Additional services via offline technologies
With your consent, we collect specific personal data (e.g. mobile number) to give you the opportunity of enjoying our special offers and participating in special activities by means of offline technologies such as SMS (Short Message Service) and MMS (Multimedia Messaging Service).
We will also receive specific data from you (e.g. name, email address or normal address etc.) when you contact us via the details mentioned under the heading ‘contact’.
For what purposes do you process personal data?
We process your personal data for legitimate business purposes. These purposes include, but are not limited to:
- the provision of information about our company, products, services, activities, competitions and special offers;
- the proper organisation of our (online) services, including games and competitions (e.g. to notify and reward winners);
- direct marketing and sales;
- handling questions and requests from customers and suppliers;
- the management of disputes;
- public relations;
What is the legal basis for processing my personal data?
We process your personal data for the aforementioned purposes:
- with an eye to concluding and executing agreements concluded with you, including (but not limited to) bookkeeping, invoicing and deliveries;
- to comply with legal obligations;
- in the context of the legitimate interests of our Company and/or a third party, such as (but not limited to) the proper conduct of our business activities, customer management etc.
If we are legally obliged to obtain your free, informed, specific and unambiguous consent for processing your personal data for specific purposes (e.g. very specific direct marketing and market research activities), we will only process your data for these purposes when we have received such consent from you.
To whom are my personal data forwarded?
We may forward your personal data to affiliated companies or third parties that reasonably require access to said personal data with an eye to effectuating one or more of the aforementioned objectives. This may include the following third parties:
- external service providers engaged by the Company for various different business services;
- advertising agencies that work specifically on products connected with the website;
- law enforcement and public authorities in accordance with the applicable legislation;
- external professional advisors (e.g. solicitors or consultants of the Company).
With your explicit consent, we can also forward personal data to third parties (e.g. marketeers) for direct marketing purposes, including targeted advertising.
What cookies do you use and how can I manage them?
The cookies used on this Site are solely analytical cookies.
- Analytical cookies
These cookies are used to collect statistics about your visit to this Site and to improve its contents and design (‘web audience measuring’). The information they collect includes information about the sections of the Site that are consulted most, where our visitors go to and how much time they spend on the Site's pages.
This table provides more information about the analytical cookies used:
Description and function
We use Google Analytics to measure how you use our website and how you found us. We use this knowledge to improve our sites and actions and it can be used for profile information.
CraftSessionId is used to manage sessions in PHP. Sessions are used to store data and transfer it. This makes it possible to send data that you have filled in to a database.
You can enable, disable and delete cookies as required. You can delete cookies that are already on your device and you can configure most browsers so that they are no longer installed.
You can enable, disable and delete cookies via your browser. Please follow your browser's instructions for doing this (these can usually be found under ‘Internet options’ or ‘Privacy’).
Please note that by disabling certain cookies, you may no longer be able to use certain applications of this Site, such as the option of sharing content with friends via Facebook.
Is clickstream data collected?
When you visit this Site, or work with it interactively, data is sometimes collected that is known as ‘clickstream data’. This data may include your Internet browser and your operating system, as well as the pages and the information that you have requested on the Site, the total duration of your visit to the Site and the domain name of the website that connected you to the Site.
The Company combines the clickstream data with your personal identification data while you are active on the Site in order to tune the Site better to your interests and preferences. The Company does not collect any clickstream data when you are not on the Site, except the domain name of the website from where you clicked through to the Site.
Is my personal data protected?
We take strict technical and organizational (security) measures to protect your personal data both online and offline from access by unauthorised persons, unlawful processing, misuse, damage, loss and destruction.
These measures include among other things:
- training for the staff concerned to ensure that they are aware of our obligations regarding data protection when the handle personal data;
- administrative and technical checks to restrict access to personal data to that which is essential;
- technical security measures, including passwords, firewalls, antivirus software and encryption;
- physical security measures, such as security badges to defend access to our business spaces.
Although we take appropriate security measures as soon as we receive your personal data, the transfer of data, in particular over the Internet (including email), is never completely secure. We do our utmost to protect your personal data, but we can never fully guarantee the security of personal data sent to or received by us.
How long is my personal data kept?
We store your personal data for a reasonable period, namely the longest of the following periods: (i) as long as is necessary for the activity or service in question; (ii) the legally required retention period; (iii) the period of prescription within which legal proceedings can be initiated.
Is my personal data used for automated decision-making?
Automated decisions are decisions about individuals that are solely based on the automated processing of personal data and that produce legal consequences that affect the persons involved significantly.
As a rule, we do not use any personal data for automated decision-making. Thus, we do not take any decisions about you that are only based on the automated processing of personal data.
How do you deal with the personal data of children?
The Company wishes to pay special attention to the protection of the personal data of children.
Children are often less aware of the risks involved with the use of the Internet. For this reason, we have constructed this Site so as to be as child-friendly as possible. We also encourage all parents to inform their children about safe and responsible Internet usage and to regularly verify and inspect the online activities of their children.
If we require consent for online services, only children who are at least 16 years of age will be able to give valid consent. We will only process the personal data of children under this age provided we have the consent or authorisation for consent from a person who bears parental responsibility for the child.
What are my rights?
You have various different rights regarding the processing of your personal data. In particular, you are entitled to:
- acquire access to your personal data and to receive a copy thereof;
- ask for your personal data to be updated or improved, if you are of the opinion that it is incorrect or incomplete;
- ask for the erasure of your personal data, or to restrict how we use this data, if you are of the opinion that we do not have (or no longer have) legitimate grounds for processing;
- withdraw you consent regarding the processing of your personal data (insofar as the processing is based on your consent);
- receive your personal data in a structured, customary and machine-readable form and to transfer the same to another party (insofar as the processing is based on consent or the execution of an agreement);
- object to the processing of personal data for which we use legitimate interests as a legal basis, on which we will stop the processing, unless we have prevailing justified imperative grounds for its processing.
You are also entitled to object at any time against the processing of personal data for direct marketing by contacting us (see below) or by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the marketing messages sent by us. Where appropriate, your personal data will no longer be processed for direct marketing purposes.
With an eye to exercising the above rights, you can:
- send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or
- send a written request to Continental Sweets Belgium nv, Industriestraat 38, 2500 Lier.
You can also use these contact details if you wish to formulate a complaint regarding the processing of personal data.
If you are unsatisfied with how we handle your personal data, you are entitled to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority of the member state where you normally reside.
How can you contact us?
If you have questions about this Site or our Privacy Statement, you can send an email to email@example.com
What about changes to this Privacy Statement?
We may modify this Privacy Statement from time to time. In order to inform you when we last modified the Privacy Statement, we will alter the revision date at the top of this page with each change. The modified Privacy Statement will apply from this date.
Please consult this page on a regular basis to keep informed of changes and additions. If we have your email address, we will also inform you electronically of each change to this Privacy Statement.
Last revision date: 23/05/2018